I don't know about anyone else, but soup is all I crave during those times I run myself ragged from various activities. We had one such day last week and I put together this soup in a jiffy...I had some garlic bread in the freezer and it went well with this delicious, creamy soup... try it sometime...
Here is what you will need:
- 1 cup Corn- fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Zucchini- chopped
- 1 Onion- chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic- chopped
- 1 tbsp- Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup - heavy cream (optional) you can use milk in its place too.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp- all purpose flour
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp- Italian or other dried herbs ( I used a French Seasoning Mix)
- Sprinkle of Lime Juice
- Optional - you can use chopped bell peppers and potatoes in this soup too
- 1/2 cup of water
That's it....what can be so simple than that....and perfect for those busy or lazy weekends...Enjoy.
See you all next week with a perfect recipe for the Spring: Gujarati Series: "Chauli-Ringan Shaak"