Sunday, 17 June 2007

Coffee's MBP: Going "Lite" with Brownies.......



Forgive me Lord, for I have Sinned.......with Chocolate that is!

When Coffee announced her "Going Lite" theme for the month of June, my head started spinning with ideas of Salads,
Drinks or something that is not laden with Calories......BUT something happened...... I gave into the temptation when I came acro
ss this blog, that featured the recipe for LOW FAT Chocolate Brownies!!!

I mean, come on......really. The recipe says "low fat".......!

Here are the numbers if you don't believe me:

Per brownie: Calories 74,
Calories from Fat 21, total Fat 2.4g (sat 0.6g), Cholesterol 13mg,
Sodium 45mg,
Carbohydrate 11.6g
Fiber 1g,
Protein 1.7g

(Source: About.com Low Fat Cooking)


I followed the recipe mostly, except for one change....I added only One egg....instead of three. Therefore, my brownies didn't rise as much as Rachel's brownies. The taste though was impeccable. Look at how moist the inside is. I did add some frosting on it, which the original recipe doesn't call for....I just used a plain Chocolate frosting available at any grocery stores. This is purely optional.

I'm sending this one off to Coffee's MBP for June!

Happy Father's Day, Everyone!

TIBETAN HERBAL MEDICINE

Search this Blog: