Meanwhile, here is a very easy recipe for the busy weekends, make it even easier by using canned Kidney beans.
To make the Rajma:
- 2 cups dry Rajma ( Red kidney beans) - You can use Canned Dark Red Beans instead.
- 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped (optional)
- 1 inch piece ( roughly) Ginger, chopped
- 3 Green chillies, or 2 jalapeños, chopped
- 3 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder,1 tsp Red chilli powder, 1tbsp Rajma Masala ( I use Roopak brand)
- 2 tbsp Oil- I use Corn Oil
- Handful of Cilantro leaves- chopped
Heat oil in a pan, add ginger, garlic and chillies. Fry until they turn brown. Add onions and tomatoes. Cook until the oil starts leaving the sides of the pan.
Add salt, turmeric powder and mix well. Add the boiled rajma, red chili powder, coriander powder, Rajma masala and stir. I use the "Roopak" brand of Rajma Masala, use any other brand you like, but I do prefer this brand, it has an authentic Dhaba flavor, which I love. No, this is not a paid advertisement. :)
Lower the heat and cook until a thick gravy is formed.
Remove from the heat. Garnish rajma with Cilantro leaves and savor each bite. This recipe is really good, I can eat this Rajma curry the next day by itself when all the flavors have had a chance to blend in.
- 1 cup: Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup: All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp: yeast mixed with a pinch of sugar and a little bit of hot water
- Salt: to taste
- 1 tsp: Oil
- Hot water or Milk: to knead the dough
Meanwhile, Check out the Indian Spiderman "Makkad-Man"- TOO funny. Have a nice weekend!