A very simple dish to kick off the weekend lunch- Madras style Curried Noodles with peas. I tried this using some onion and garlic powder I needed to get rid of and the result was surprisingly good....try this no-fuss version for a quick and tasty meal- a hit with the kiddos especially mine, they don't like bits of onions or garlic in their meals...!
Yes, you can call them "Chennai" Noodles as well :)
You will need:
- 2 fistfuls of Spaghettini noodles- broken in small pieces, you can use regular Spaghetti or Udon Noodles if you wish.
- 1/2 cup: Frozen peas
- 1-2 tbsp- Madras Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp- Garlic and Onion Powder
- 1 small red chili pepper- diced
- 1 tbsp- Peanut or Sesame Oil
- 2-3 tbsp: Water
- 1 tsp Cornstarch dissolved in some water
- 1/4 tsp- turmeric
Serve hot and enjoy.