Saturday, 21 July 2007

Weekend Lunch Series: Rava Idlis and Peanut Chutney

When I look for recipes, I look for those that I'll be able to whip up in the short time that I have over the weekend. Cooking an elaborate lunch is the last thing on my mind when there are bathrooms to be cleaned, lawn that needs mowing, laundry, vacuuming etc etc....
When I came across this recipe for Rava Idlis, I made and served these Idlis with some fabulous Peanut Chutney...what a combination that was!

Here is the recipe for the Peanut Chutney:

  • 1 cup: roasted and coarsely chopped Peanuts
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 small onion
  • 1 medium size: tamarind, soaked in water
  • 1 tbsp: Idli Chutney Powder
  • 1/2 cup: Grated coconut
  • 1/4 tsp: Mustard Seeds, urad daal
  • Few Curry leaves
  • 1 tbsp: jaggery
  • Sesame Oil or any other Oil - 1 tsp
Grind the peanuts, garlic, onion, tamarind, coconut together, adding a little water if needed. In a pan, heat some oil and do the tadka of the mustard seeds, curry leaves, urad daal. Pour over the chutney. Add the jaggery and the chutney powder and adjust the seasonings. Serve with Idlis or Dosas.



Search this Blog: