Wednesday, 6 December 2006

Corn Curry


Corn curry - a dish that I make only so often, but every time I do, it's a hit. I made this last night on a whim. I saw a can of tinned corn cobs sitting in the pantry, untouched for the past few weeks. I thought I'd make this to go along with the vaal-papdi and eggplant curry, daal, and chapatis for dinner. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
Corn on the cobs-boiled in salted water, or you can use canned ones like I did.
3 tbsp-crushed tomatoes, 1/2 cup roasted peanuts - powdered, 1- medium onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, turmeric, salt, sugar, garam masala, jeera seeds, dhania powder, Oil for tempering.

Heat oil in a pan, add jeera seeds, onions, garlic, jalapeƱos. Saute till golden brown. Add the tomato paste and the roasted peanut powder. Stir until a nice aroma wafts from the mixture. Add some water, and all the spices. Taste and adjust accordingly. Add the cut corn on the cobs, stir and cover and cook on medium heat till all the spices and flavors come together, Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
That's about it! A delicious side dish is ready for your meal.

TIBETAN HERBAL MEDICINE

Search this Blog: