Wednesday, 7 February 2007

An Apple-Strawberry Galette

There is a wonderful blog event going on called A Fruit A Month, hosted by Maheshwari of the blog Beyond the Usual. This month's theme is "Strawberries" and how perfect it is for this love-lorn month of February! I decided to make an Apple-Strawberry Galette, and this is my entry for the AFAM event. This, by the way is also one of the easiest desserts to make!

You will need:

1 package of Thawed Puff pastry dough
2 Golden Delicious apples- or any apple variety- cored and chopped roughly
1 cup of Fresh Strawberries-chopped
1 Tbsp-Butter- Melted
1/3 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 tsp Vanilla
2 tbsp- Orange Juice
Some Milk to brush on the pastry.

Thaw the puff pastry sheet according to package directions. In a bowl, combine the apples, strawberries, butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, Vanilla and the orange juice. Preheat oven to 375F.

Unroll the pastry sheet on a baking pan and line it with the parchment paper that it came with. Spoon the fruit mixture in the center of the sheet leaving some space for the pastry to be rolled up. Fold the pastry, partially covering it and pinch the ends so that it stays together. Brush the pastry with some milk for a nice glaze. You can use an egg if you want, but since I can't stand the smell of the eggs, I use milk.

Place the galette in the oven to bake for around 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Let it cool for a bit before serving. Serve with some whipped cream and enjoy!

Notice:

Little Chefs in the Kitchen Event
Deadline has been extended till February 20th. Get your entries in by the 20th.

Feel Free to copy and paste this button =>

Another Idea I have had is to host an event that will be eligible to win a Prize from me. I haven't come up with the event theme yet. I need your suggestions on this......I am thinking, "Hubbies in the Kitchen", "Another Kids in the Kitchen", "Desserts Galore" etc........the BEST entry, judged by me, my parents, and hubby will win a prize...so get your thinking caps on and let me know of a suggestion, this way we can make Food Blogging even more fun for everyone.

Thanks for all your comments on the Gujarati Series I have received....Glad you like it!

TIBETAN HERBAL MEDICINE

Search this Blog: