Wednesday, 14 February 2007

A Valentine Cinnamon-Streusel Cake, My Little Chefs and a Nomination...

Here's wishing you all a very happy Valentine's day.....!

Little Chefs Event is coming up soon....so being the host, I needed to come up with an entry of my own....and what a perfect way to get Sahil involved in baking a cake with me...! We made this cake yesterday morning while we packed all his V-day Goodies tote for all his friends at his preschool.....

Here is the recipe for this utterly delicious Cinnamon-Streusel Cake to be enjoyed with a cup of hot coffee!


For the Streusel:
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, 1/4 cup Sifted all purpose flour,
1/4 cup butter- at room temperature, 1.5 tsp Cinnamon powder, 2 tbsp Cocoa powder.

For the Cake:

1.5 cups Sifted All purpose flour,
2.5 tsp Baking powder
1.2 tsp- Salt
1 egg- beaten
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract

In a small Ziploc bag, combine the streusel ingredients. Mix everything together in the bag till the mixture is crumbly and set aside. Kids love doing this...so I gave this task to Sahil.

Sift 1 1/2 cups sifted flour with baking powder and salt into a bowl. In a medium bowl, beat together beaten egg and 3/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture and mix well.

Pour half the batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square or 9-inch layer-cake pan. Sprinkle some crumb mixture evenly over batter. Sahil helped with this too! Pour the rest of the batter and the remaining streusel mix on the top.

Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes. Let it cool for 20 minutes and serve with a cup of hot coffee! It is absolutely divine! Just look at how moist and soft it looks! This recipe is a keeper and is also my contribution to Pooja's Valentine event!

I also wanted to thank the people that nominated my food blog for the Indi Blogger awards! I don't know who you are, but please send me an email- spicewholovedme@yahoo.ca
I would like to thank you personally. A big thank you goes out to my family, blog buddies and my readers for your support! This is not possible without you guys! Congratulations to the other blogs that have been nominated! Do check out the Indi Blog Poll, and vote!


Wishing each and everyone of you a Happy Valentine's day from my two Little Chefs, Sahil and Siddharth, and of course, Me!

TIBETAN HERBAL MEDICINE

Search this Blog: