- 1 small head broccoli - chopped finely(optional)
- 2 large bunches of Baby Spinach- chopped coarsely
- 1 small bunch - Swiss Chard- Chopped
- 1 large tomato - chopped
- 1 small onion- chopped
- 2 tbsp - Corn Flour mixed with a little water to form a paste
- Jeera seeds (cumin), Asafoetida, Ghee ( 1 tbsp) - for the Tempering
- 4 tbsps- fresh cream or milk
- Salt, a pinch of sugar, dhania-jeera powder, turmeric, chili powder - to taste
- Homemade Paneer or Store bought Paneer - cubed and shallow fried till golden.
Wash all the greens thoroughly and set aside. Chop the Broccoli, Spinach and Swiss Chard finely. Blanch the greens in some boiling water and cool. Cook the broccoli separately and let it turn soft, but not too mushy. Blend all of these together and set aside.
In a deep pot, heat the ghee. Add the asafoetida, when it sizzles, add the cumin seeds, turmeric, and chili powder. Add the onions and let cook for five minutes. Add the tomato now and cook until the oil starts leaving the sides of the pan. Add the blended mixture, taking care to lower the heat so it doesn't splatter everywhere. Add the spices and the Cornflour mixture,this will ensure that the greens stay uniform. Let it cook further- around 10 minutes more. Add the cream now and let it cook for five more minutes.
Add the Paneer pieces if you would like at this point, or just before serving. Serve hot with Puris or Parathas for a delicious meal. Enjoy.