I like making these puris every once in a while because they are spicier than the plain puris....no, well, the real reason is that I like to dunk these puris the next morning in my masala chai - I love it...been doing this ever since I was a kid...
Rasavalu batata shaak is not made as often as I would like in my home because of Kartik's aversion to potatoes....but he stills likes me to make it for myself....so sweet, isn't it?
Here are the recipes:
For Raasavaalu Batata nu Shaak:
- 3 large potatoes- boiled, cooled and chopped roughly
- 1 large- jalapeno or green chilies - chopped
- 1 large Juicy Tomato - chopped
- 1 tbsp- Oil
- Mustard Seeds, Jeera Seeds, Curry leaves, Dry red chili, Asafoetida - for tempering
- Salt, Sugar, turmeric powder,dhania-jeera powder to taste, Cilantro to garnish.
- Water - as needed
For Tikhi Puris:
- 1.5 cups- Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp: Oil
- Salt, Turmeric, red chili powder - to taste
- Enough water or milk to knead a stiff dough.
- Oil - for deep frying
I served this meal with homemade yogurt,Homemade Chana-Methi Pickle -(recipe coming soon, see above picture) and Masala tea. A perfect menu for the weekend.....try it sometime.
See you next week, enjoy the long Weekend.