Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Healthy Eats: Veggie Pita Pizzas with Sweet Chili Sauce

I LOVE pizzas, I could eat them every week, and it doesn't matter what kind of a pizza it is, as long as it has a crust,a sauce, some veggies and cheese- deep dish, thin crust, stuffed crust, New York Style, Chicago style, pan crust....you get the drift.

Yes, I really do love my pizzas.....
Here's a quick one to quiet that Pizza craving....this is made with a Whole wheat Pita bread, and instead of just regular Pizza sauce, it has a base of half Sweet Chili Sauce & half tomato sauce,and is loaded with cheese and Veggies.

Here's what I did.
I spread some Sweet Chili Sauce, (available in any grocery store), on the base of the pizza, and then some of the tomato sauce.
I layered Mozzarella cheese, then added some green pepper rings, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, pineapple and some more Mozza cheese. I sprinkled the top with some cracked black pepper and baked it at 350 for around 4-5 minutes. Baking times vary from oven to oven so see what works for you!

That's it, as simple as that, and SO good....the sweet chili sauce adds heat, and a load of flavor, try this for a healthy,quick lunch idea!

TIBETAN HERBAL MEDICINE

Search this Blog: