Saturday 6 March 2010

Healthy Eats: Chickpea and Spinach Salad

This is one of my favorite ways to have a salad....with lots of Chickpeas and mixed greens, Spinach especially.

I had this for lunch, and it kept me full for a long time, I didn't even need a snack! This is SO easy, and you can put just about anything in it to keep you satisfied until dinner time!

 Here's what I put in it:

2-3 handfuls or more of Baby Spinach leaves
1/2 cup- Canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed really well
1 small sliced red onion
A handful of shredded carrots
Few slices of fresh mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, and any other veggies you like!
Few wonton strips ( any flavor you like, and completely optional)
Few croutons, again any flavor and completely optional ( I like my salads to have a little crunch)
A handful of torn romaine leaves, I just threw them in there because I needed to use them up.

Optional add-ins: pineapple, broccoli, corn, cauliflower, cucumbers etc etc! ( have it your way!)

For the dressing, I used a low fat balsamic vinaigrette and added some of my addictive SRIRACHA sauce!
that stuff is amazing on anything! Toss everything together,and NOSH away!

Headache update: I've been Ok with headaches, they are still there, but ever since I have cut down my dairy products by 50%, I find I am better. So, I haven't been having any raw cheese, cold fruit yogurts and milk in large portions. It seems to have helped. The only time I have milk is in my morning tea, the rest of the time, I am sipping on Green teas and my everyday herbal ayurveda teas......lets see if it makes a difference in the long run.
As for exercise, I am still doing Yoga every chance I get, the kids and I had been pretty sick last week so that took a backseat, but I kept up with my "Kapalbhati" breathing everyday. Its been a rainy, wet winter here so walking outside is OUT of the question at this point. Oh well.....Spring and Summer are around the corner anyway!

Thanks for the lovely and supportive emails! I love reading them so keep them coming!  

Until next time, be well everyone. Enjoy the weekend.

Comments OFF. Please email me for any questions/concerns regarding this or any post in this blog.

Search this Blog: