Here is what you need:
Fresh Eggs - 2 per person or depending on your appetite and taste
1-2 slices of Havarti Cheese, you can substitute just about any cheese you like here.
A handful of washed baby spinach leaves- chopped coarsely
1 medium red onion- sliced or chopped
salt, pepper- to taste
1 tbsp of milk- to make the eggs fluffy
Non stick spray or butter ( I used Pam)
Optional Ingredients: tomatoes, jalapenos, peppers and any protein that you might like to add.
Here is what you do for the perfect Omelet:
- Break the eggs into a bowl, and add the milk, salt and pepper and chopped onions.
- Beat the eggs gently with a fork, just until they combine together. Do not over beat.
- Put the frying pan on the stove and warm the pan over a moderate heat before spraying it.
- Spray the pan and turn the heat up.
- Carefully add the eggs to the center of the pan, tilting the pan so that the eggs spread out evenly over the bottom.
- Cook over a moderate heat. As the eggs begin to set, very carefully lift the edges of the omelet upwards with a spatula, ensuring that the omelet does not stick and also allowing the uncooked eggs to run underneath. Rotate the pan as you do so, making sure that all sides have been moved. Add the baby spinach and the cheese now.
- Cook until the eggs have set on the bottom but the top is still a little moist. Lift up the edge of one side of the omelet and fold this half so that is covers the other half and sits neatly on top.
- Loosen the omelet away from the pan and tip out onto a warmed plate. Serve immediately.
If you have a question on this recipe or any other recipe in this blog, you may get in touch with me through "The Spice Who Loved Me" Facebook Page. Thanks!